Sunday 23 June 2013

Is a second baby shower a no-no?

There were cupcakes a-plenty, and gift bags bursting with parcels wrapped in baby blue. It was a lovely day, organised by two wonderful girlfriends, and full of giggles and quizzes and silly games. It was my baby shower, held about a month before my son was born. The question is, now that I'm pregnant again and living far from home, in London, do I have another one?

In my first pregnancy I hadn't given any thought to having a baby shower until two friends asked me when it would be. Surprised that I didn't have an answer, they decided they would hold one for me, and all I needed to do was pick the date. How could I say no?
"It all added to the excitement of a first pregnancy. Plus, it felt right to celebrate how lucky I was to be having a baby" ... Kiran Chug
So one sunny day they turned up at my house, laden with flowers and home-baked treats and games, and they and the other guests all spoiled me rotten. I'm not going to deny it: it was a real treat, and I enjoyed every moment of being told to put my feet up while someone else served the food and drinks, and even washed up and tidied up the kitchen afterwards. My girlfriends spoiled me with luxurious presents for me to pamper myself with, presents for the baby, and bags full of useful items that I'll be using again this time round.
The event all added to the excitement of a first pregnancy. It felt like I was joining a special club, a baby club, and this was the welcome party. Plus, it felt right to celebrate how lucky I was to be having a baby...Read More

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to show this to my wife. She is always getting gift sets for baby showers ready. Do you know of any ideas I could give her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jim, visit purehoopla and make a order for baby shower product that your wife like.

    ReplyDelete